The Bebras Challenge is an international challenge on informatics and computer fluency for all age of school students.
It is performed at schools using computers. The contestants are usually supervised by teachers who may integrate the challenge in their teaching activities.
The challenge has two types of tasks: a multiple choice questions and interactive problems.
Number of tasks varies year-by-year from 18 to 24 questions of different difficulty to be solved in 40, 45 or 55 minutes.
For each multiple choice question a choice of four answers is provided. There are interactive tasks as well.
For every correct answer there are 6 (easy), 9 (medium) or 12 points (hard).
If no answer is given the score does not change;
Minus one third of the possible points if the answer is incorrect.
There are 6 different levels of this competition, but the awards are by 12 individual levels:
- Pre-Ecolier (Primary 1 & 2 / Grade 1 & 2)
- Ecolier (Primary 3 & 4 / Grade 3 & 4)
- Benjamin (Primary 5 & 6 / Grade 5 & 6)
- Cadet (Secondary 1 & 2 / Grade 7 & 8)
- Junior (Secondary 3 & 4 / Grade 9 & 10)
- Senior (Junior College / Poly 1 & 2/ Grade 11 & 12)