Each participant receives a Certificate of Participation or an award certificate with collar pin for winners below:
- Perfect Score Award (Full mark) – qualifies as a significant award for IJHS
- Gold Award (Top 8%) – qualifies as a significant award for IJHS
- Silver Award (Next 12%)
- Bronze Award (Next 20%)
- Honorable Mention Award (10%)
- Certificate of Participation (Next 50%)
The top 40% of winners are invited to compete at SIMOC 2021 to be held in Singapore from July 24 to 27, 2021. Students must register with the SIMCC country organizer and contest entry is available on a first come first served basis, so register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
While students below Primary 2 will be accepted, we do not recommend it. Without proper support, younger students can easily become afraid of math, rather than excited by it
- Contests are taken in the participating school.
- Every problem requires careful mathematical thinking.
- Each student, working alone, scores 1 point for each correct answer. Thus, a student may score up to 25 points.
- Calculators are not permitted
- When a problem introduces a more advanced concept, all necessary definitions are included.
- The detailed solution for each problem usually names the strategy required.
- Many solutions include follow-up problems and activities.
* In the event that the COVID-19 situation worsens, SIMOC 2021 will be held online.