Created in 1977 by Dr. George Lenchner, an internationally known math educator. Over 200,000 students from 6,500 teams from 50 US states and about 38 other countries were represented.
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
- To encourage students to practice math