Created in 1977 by Dr. George Lenchner, an internationally known math educator, the Math Olympiads went public in 1979. Last year nearly 150,000 students from 6,000 teams worldwide participated in the Olympiads. All 50 states and about 30 other countries were represented.
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
- To encourage students to practice math
Choose from two grade-appropriate divisions:
Division E (Primary 3-6)
Division M (Secondary 1 to 2)
Teams may not be split between two divisions.
While students below Primary 3 will be accepted, we do not recommend it. Without proper support, younger students can easily become afraid of math, rather than excited by it
- Contests are taken in the participating school and soft copies will be sent to schools to print their own papers.
- Teachers in charge will mark the papers and upload their student scores to us.
- Each contest consists of five nonroutine problems and has a time limit of 30 min.
- Every problem requires careful mathematical thinking.
- Each student, working alone, scores 1 point for each correct answer. Thus, a student may score up to 25 points per year.
- Calculators are not permitted
- When a problem introduces a more advanced concept, all necessary definitions are included.
- The detailed solution for each problem usually names the strategy required.
- Many solutions include follow-up problems and activities.
- After each contest, results are submitted to us for scorekeeping. Our records will determine which awards are to be shipped after the last contest.
There are 5 rounds to this contest and the result will only be announced at the end of the 5th round.
Each participant receives a Certificate of Participation or an award certificate with collar pin for winners below:
Perfect Score Award (Full marks)
Gold Award (Top 8%)
Silver Award (Next 12%)
Bronze Award (Next 20%)
Certificate of Participation (Next 60%)
Registration (Private Candidate)
Registration for MOEMS is closed.
Registration (School Candidate)
NOTE: ONLY SCHOOL TEACHERS CAN REGISTER FOR STUDENTS AS SCHOOL CANDIDATE